An excellent refrigerant identifier will help you oodles and bundles. As the name suggests, it will give you very important information about your refrigerant, such as what your system contains, what type it is, what the condition of your refrigerant is, and whether there’s mixed refrigerant in the unit. All this information will help you maintain the refrigerant and make changes as and when needed. Otherwise, the refrigerant may just keep getting used without any knowledge. The unit may also suddenly breakdown with no clue of what went wrong.
So, to avoid guesswork and problems, it is important that you buy the best HVAC refrigerant analyzer of 2019 today. Here are a few products that we are sure will keep you interested:
1. Robinair (16910) CoolTech ID Plus Refrigerant Identifier
This one from Robinair is one of the most reliable and affordable refrigerant identifiers you can buy. It comes with multiple features that we have found particularly useful. Let’s discuss them here:
- It tells you the type of refrigerant and helps you get rid of damaging air.
- You can find out the actual percentage of air, R-22, R-134a, and R12 in your tank or unit using this refrigerant identifier.
- If it senses any flammable substances, the hydrocarbon alarm goes off, alerting you at once. We think this is quite an important feature.
- You can customize the settings to purge air when it hits a particular concentration.
- It also has an onboard printer port so that you print the analysis results out by simply connecting a printer to it.
- The only downside that we noticed is that it analyzes 95% instead of 98%. However, the refrigerant identifiers that analyze 98% are more expensive. At its cost, it does quite a decent job, according to us.
2. MASTERCOOL (69134-A) Blue Refrigerant Identifier
MASTERCOOL offers a rather cool refrigerant identifier for all HVAC refrigerants (R143A). It works well and can analyze up to 95% with utmost here. Below are a few of its features that you will find handy:
- It has an easy-to-use interface, making it quite simple and effective.
- It needs a 12V power supply.
- It has the auto power-up option along with the sampling process.
- It is a portable refrigerant identifier that you can carry without problems.
- It works to show the pass and fail reading after a 95% analysis of R134A.
- It confirms the quality of R143A in your AC, helping you avoid contamination.
- It is known to deliver quick and accurate measurements without problems.
3. Neutronics 7-08-1234-0 Ultima ID Refrigerant Analyzer
The Neutronics refrigerant analyzer works on advanced technology that uses leading infrared gas analysis. This ensures that you get results in a timely fashion, much faster than its counterparts. The device will help you analyze R123A and R1234YF refrigerants in the AC. Let’s find out more about it:
- It comes with a built-in battery pack that you can recharge as and when needed.
- Its portable case is quite rugged and heavy-duty.
- It has sample hoses for R123A and R1234YF.
- It also has adapter fittings if you need them for ACME ported cylinders.
- The analyzer has a built-in oxygen sensor that measures air content.
- It does not come with a built-in printer.
- It can detect HC and R22, along with R123A and R1234YF.
- In the box, you will get a USB cable that lets you communicate with a few approved machines.
- Make sure you go through the operating manual before you starting using it.
4. Robinair 16009 134R DiscovR Refrigerant Analyzer
Here’s another excellent refrigerant analyzer from Robinair. It is very easy to use and provides all the data you are looking for. The pass-fail indicator helps you understand whether the refrigerant is pure enough or not. Here are a few more details:
- It is your perfect companion if you are dealing with an unknown refrigerant and have no idea of the associated risks.
- It will help you identify contamination before it is too late. If you don’t use an analyzer, you may end up damaging the recharge machine and recovery cycle. We are sure you don’t want that!
- It protects your AC by letting you know if it is time for servicing. It is also capable of identifying contaminants that are usually hard to find.
- In case the system has excessive air, the device will notify you immediately.
- It has been designed specifically for R134A refrigerant.
- It is pretty fast and accurate.
5. Neutronics 7-08-1234-25-0 Ultima ID Refrigerant Identifier
If you are looking for a built-in printer with your analyzer, this is the model you should go for. It is affordable, reliable, and one of the most popular ones out there. Below are a few more details about it:
- It has a built-in battery pack that you can also recharge. So, no need to buy any more batteries!
- It comes in a case that’s not just portable but also quite reliable.
- The built-in printer makes billing extremely easy.
- It has sample hoses as well, but only for R1234YF and R123A.
- Its oxygen sensor detects air content and lets you know if there’s too much.
- It allows USB integration through its USB cable.
Our favorite refrigerant analyzer is the Robinair 16910 because it has all the features we are looking for. You may choose any other device based on your requirements and what you actually expect from it. All the products on our list are reliable and easy to use. If you have any further questions, feel free to comment.