Best HVAC Flaring Tool – Find The Perfect Match
HVAC systems that are ductless often have flares. Flaring attaches the female cone to the male cone with the help of a threaded nut. This particular nut is the one that’s flared. Most individuals use refrigerant oil during this process along with the necessary flaring tool.
Best HVAC Flaring Tool
Flaring works to remove harmful gases in such a way that they have minimum effect on the environment. It enables easy handling of natural gases and lets you regulate pressure when needed.
What Is An HVAC Flaring Tool?
Flaring tools work on pressure. They seal copper tubing by establishing a flaring connection. With the help of these tools, you can connect 2 tubes together. You will see that each flared end will have a conical shape.
Among the many types of flaring tools available in the market, the bar-type tool is the most popular one. While purchasing, make sure you check the label because tubing flares and piping flares are different. You should pick based on your preferences.
Keeping all these in mind while searching for HVAC flaring tools can be tedious. If you aren’t very well-versed with the field, it might even get confusing. That is why we decided to help you out with some expert recommendations.
1. Thorstone Single Flaring Tool And Swaging Tool
The Thorstone flaring tool is available in 2 variations – pro and basic. We recommend the pro model because it has some exquisite features. We shall discuss a few of them here:
- The toolkit has 10 pieces of important hardware. Each tool contributes to proper flaring for any soft metal tubing.
- It helps with single flaring with a 3-hole and a 6-hole bar. These choices allow you to handle any kind of job.
- It consists of a forged yoke that is made using premium heat-treated steel.
- The swivel, on the other hand, is made of alloy steel.
- The tube cutter cuts steel, brass, copper, and aluminum.
- It is wear-resistant and enables you to make smooth cuts when you are working with any kind of tube.
- With 5 swaging fittings, you can use it to widen piping of different types.
2. Shankly Flaring Toolset – 10 pieces
The Shankly Flaring Toolset is a complete kit that includes everything you need for flaring. This is a standard or single flaring toolkit with the following features:
- It comes with multiple flaring adapters from 1/8 inches to 5/8 inches.
- It also has 5 swagging tools and will work with almost all common tube sizes.
- The all-inclusive kit includes a tubing cutter, making it the only kit you will need to carry out your work.
- All the adapters are made of the highest quality material. They are easy to operate and will give you precise results.
- The 2 bars have 9 sizes with a slip-on forged yoke. This one has the ability to self-center.
3. HVAC Flaring Tool Kit
This is a very handy 5-piece set including a deburring tool and a pipe cutter. It is recognized as one of the better flaring tools available on the market for the following reasons:
- It allows 45-degree single flaring with the ultimate precision.
- You can expect to make perfect flares with no leakage.
- The kit consists of 2 flaring clamps that work on different sizes of soft tubing metals.
- Whether it is brass, copper, mild steel, or aluminum, the flaring tool will work on all metals.
- It is made of aluminum alloy.
- It comes with detailed usage instructions making operation effortless.
- The ergonomic design is very easy to get used to.
4. Hilmor Quick Engage Flare and Swage Kit – 1838947
This is a simple and efficient toolkit suitable for flaring and swaging, both. You can totally consider it because it is a reliable kit with the specifications below:
- The kit is reliable and enables quick work because it needs fewer rotations to get the job done.
- It is a clothespin-inspired kit that secures the tube during work. It has an excellent locking mechanism.
- The tube-stop arrow has the job of reaching the perfect height and position.
- The ball dents work to help reach the right alignment for the cone.
- The hand-powered flaring tool is precise and easy to use.
5. Bonvoisin Flaring Tool
The last one on our list is the Bonvoisin Flaring Tool, which works perfectly as a single flaring tool for HVAC systems. We have enlisted a few important details below:
- This is a mounting hardened steel tool that promises to provide uniform flares each time.
- You can use the tool with various sizes of pipes from ¼ inches to 5/8 inches.
- The tool is ultra-light and easy to use because it is made of aluminum alloy.
- It works on all soft metal pipes such as copper and aluminum.
- It finds applications in HVACs, refrigerators, air heaters, and air conditioners.
The best HVAC flaring tool will do the job precisely without making you put extra effort. All the aforementioned options fit these criteria. Make sure you compare them and choose one that satisfies your requirements. All the best.