Testo vs Fieldpiece – Learn the differences
HVAC technicians and professionals working with cooling & heating systems have a few tools that they can’t do without. Manifold gauge kits are among them.
Testo vs Fieldpiece
These kits help assess the pressure of the systems to ascertain whether they need to be recharged or topped up.
Types Of Manifold Gauges
There are 2 main types of gauges available on the market – Digital and analog. Choosing between these is a matter of personal preference. Digital manifolds are, of course, more widely available because they are technologically advanced, more efficient, and accurate.
Testo vs Fieldpiece – Comparing The Top Manifold Gauges
Among the many different gauges available today, Testo and Fieldpiece stand out. They have different models and most of them come with raving reviews from happy customers. We shall compare 2 models that we love.
Testo 550 – Digital Manifold Gauge Kit
Testo 550 is perfect for anyone venturing into the HVAC profession. It comes with every tool you need to get started and it is easy on the pocket at the same time. It has multiple features that we are sure you will like. Specific benefits are as follows:
- They are extremely durable and can last for years.
- The device comes in a durable case, making it easy to carry while being protected.
- They are designed to function efficiently even in extreme weather conditions.
- The display is large and easy to read. It is LED backlit.
- The gauge comes with good storage power too. It can store data of 60 refrigerants.
- It has temperature-compensated sensors that enable accurate readings every single time.
- You can use the kit very easily without guidance because it is quite intuitive.
- Testo 550 has multiple modes including a beginner-friendly Auto Mode.
- It is affordable.
Fieldpiece SM480V SMAN – Digital Manifold Gauge Kit
Our favorite in the range of Fieldpiece manifold gauges is the SM480V. It is suitable for beginners and professionals alike. Experts say that this model is one of the best tools for technicians. The reasons are as follows:
- It is highly durable and sturdy. This means that it will last for years without succumbing to damage.
- The accuracy of data is almost always perfect. Users have never found problems in this regard. This sort of perfection actually makes checking and maintenance easy.
- It is technologically advanced and comes with high-end features that can impress even the pros.
- It is a huge upgrade over all its predecessors.
Testo vs Fieldpiece – The verdict
While Testo is affordable, Fieldpiece is more advanced and professional. Both of them have their special features and they are both good choices. The only thing to note is that Testo is only ideal for beginners while Fieldpiece is curated for professionals. Also, Fieldpiece is a very bulky tool and has been priced above Testo. If you are a pro though, the price will not matter because it has exquisite features.
The right choice for you totally depends on whether you are a beginner or an advanced technician. Either way, we are sure you won’t go wrong. All the best!