Refrigerant Filter Drier – The Best HVAC Filter Driers of 2020
Filter driers play a very important role in refrigeration systems. They have two main functions – removing water by absorbing moisture and avoiding the formation of acids. Now, imagine what would happen if these two functions were affected due to a malfunctioning filter drier. Disaster! The whole system could shut down.
Refrigerant Filter Drier
So, it is very important always to ensure that your filter drier is working fine and to replace it the moment you see an issue. To help you select the best, we have enlisted our top HVAC filter driers of 2019. Our comprehensive list will cut down the research time and enable you to make a choice before the article ends! Let’s begin!
1. Robinair (34430) Recycling Refrigerant Filter Drier
When it comes to refrigerants, Robinair cannot stay behind. It is a leading company that sells top-class filter driers for HVAC systems. Here’s a look at this particular product in detail:
- You can install it quite easily because it is the perfect replacement part with OE fit. Its form and function are also the same.
- It consists of blended materials that are responsible for moisture removal and acid prevention.
- When you receive the filter, you will also see an activation code that helps reset the machine. If you have issues here, though, the tech support team will be happy to help you out.
- Most users report that this filter drier is much cheaper than what they would have otherwise paid.
- Just make sure you check the compatibility with different machines before you buy it. It fits a wide range of models, but it is always helpful to check.
2. LBG Products Liquid Line Drier for HVAC System
LBG Products are well-known for their performance and reliability. This particular filter drier offers one-way control and a great amount of protection. It is available in two sizes – 5 cube inches and 8 cube inches. You may choose whichever suits your requirements the best. Keep reading to find out its features:
- It has a 100% 3A cartridge, which comes with excellent drying capacity.
- It protects the refrigeration system from contaminants, moisture, and debris.
- The optimal conditions for operation are -40 to 248 degrees F and 609 psi pressure.
- You can use the filter drier with HCFC and HFC refrigerants without any issues. Its applications include commercial refrigeration, industrial air conditioning, and industrial refrigeration.
- It has an SAE flare connection on both ends.
3. Emerson Climate Technologies Refrigerant Filter Drier
Welcome the Emerson Climate Technologies filter drier! It is tough and has an excellent shock-resistant steel shell construction. What else does it offer? You are about to find out:
- It has very high acid removal and moisture removal capacity.
- It has an epoxy powder finishing, which means it is resistant to corrosion.
- It is a quality replacement part that fits perfectly. Installation is very easy, and you don’t have to worry about anything.
- You can use it with HFC, HCFC, and CFC refrigerants.
4. Sporlan C-083-S Solder Refrigerant Filter Drier
The Sporlan solder filter drier is a genuine OEM replacement part. The company is reputed for its equipment, and we are not surprised at all that it is one of our top 5. Here are a few more details:
- It comes with a plastic sealed caps that are removable. So, you don’t have to cut them to remove them.
- It works well with HVAC systems.
- There are two models to choose from with 8 and 16 ounces capacity. You can pick either based on the refrigerant and the efficiency ratings.
- It works as promised – efficiently and perfectly!
5. 083S Danfoss Liquid Line Drier with Sweat Connection
The last one on our list is this excellent filter drier from Danfoss. It is a solid core drier that consists of an 80% 3A molecular sieve. It also has 20% activated alumina. Below are a few highlights that will tell you what this filter drier is capable of:
- If your system operates at high condensing temperatures, this filter dries is your best bet.
- It has a sturdy shell that’s resistant to corrosion, and UL approved copper stubs.
- It can operate at up to 610 psi pressure.
- It works with a wide range of refrigerants, especially R-22 and R-410A.
- Its size is 8 cubic inches.
- It has a sweat ODF connection that measures 3/8 inches.
- You can install it right out of the box with no problems.
It doesn’t matter which of these you pick. You will end up with an amazing refrigerant filter drier that’s suits all your needs. All you have to do now is to compare these products and finalize one. We promised you’d be decisive before this article ends, and we hope you are! If you need further assistance or have any questions, do not hesitate to ask us. We are always happy to help!