Best Hard Start Kit HVAC: Increased Compressor Starting Capacity
A hard start kit is a combination of a start capacitor and a potential relay or PTC (positive temperature coefficient) device. It can also be referred to as a compressor saver that assists an increased compressor starting capacity, reducing the harm to your equipment, and saves your compressor.
Best Hard Start Kit HVAC
A hard start kit gives a kick start to the compressor in your HVAC systems such that it starts up to 10 times faster and more efficiently than just with your run capacitor. The compressor takes time to start up initially. It spikes the amperage momentarily on start-up and drops down to normal when the system is fully functioning. This rise in the amperage is harmful to your equipment. And a hard start kit is just the solution you were looking for.
You can use a hard start kit if you face the below-mentioned issues:
- The lights turn dim when the AC turns on
- If you have an old Air conditioner that has trouble starting up
- If you have a home generator
- If the compressor in your HVAC system is locked up or won’t start
- A Long refrigerant line set
- If you have a TXV metering device
- If you have multiple AC units
- If your AC sometimes trips or shuts
- Fluctuating voltages
Let’s have a look at the best hard start kit for your HVAC equipment which we have enlisted below.
1. Wadoy RCO410: 3-in-1 Compressor Hard Start Capacitor Kit
- It is compatible with part numbers: HS410, TJ90RCO410, AP4503017, 600-410, and ERP410
- For compressor sizes 1/4 through 1/3 H.P. Voltage -115V AC
- Well tested by the manufacturer
- Includes Relay, Overload, and Start Capacitor Refrigeration
Wadoy RCO410 is the best 3 in 1 compressor hard start kit that can be used for your refrigerators and freezers. It is a great option for applications in residential and commercial refrigerators and freezers so that the systems have a short start time and are easily started without any prolonged damage. It is ideal to use with RSIR, CSIR, PSC, and CSR Compressors. It has additional wire nuts that help your wire stay safe in its position.
2. Antoble Hard Start Kit SPP6
- Designed such that it can be used for permanent split capacitor single phase A/C and heat pump systems
- For compressor sizes 1/2 H.P. through 10 H.P. Voltage – 120-228V AC
- Increases torque by 500%
- Easy to install
- Includes Relay and Start Capacitor
Antoble Hard Start Kit SPP6 is the best hard start kit that can be used on room air conditioner units, residential or commercial psc AC units, and heat pump systems. It comes with a clamp holder so it can be easily clamped with a few wires if there isn’t any space for you to fix it with the help of a screw hole. It contains a relay and a start capacitor for extra starting torque which increases the compressor starting torque and provides a smoother start to your compressor in the HVAC system so that less damage is observed over the years of usage.
3. RectorSeal 96506 Hard Start Kit
- Easy to install with hookup procedures on the package
- Ks1 Kickstart Hard Start Kit
- The original patented design
- Recommended by HVAC equipment manufacturers
- 3-year warranty
- Includes mechanical potential relay and start capacitor
Rector Seal 96506 is a 2 wire hard start kit that uses kickstart and these wires are connected to the run capacitor – HERM and COM. This will help in dropping the starting current to 40A. The 96506 is the best hard start kit that provides low inrush current and a faster start. This reduces the starting heat in your compressor to a considerable amount and increases the lifespan of your HVAC equipment.
4. PartsBroz RCO410 3 in 1 Hard Start Capacitor Kit
- Compatible with part numbers: RCO410, HS410, TJ90RCO410, AP4503017, 600-410, and ERP410
- For compressor sizes 1/4 through 1/3 H.P.
- High-quality design
- The US-based manufacturer and seller guarantee
- Pre-wired for easy installation
Parts Broz RCO410 is the best 3 in 1 compressor hard start kit that is designed to work with nearly all refrigerator systems and models. It is ideal to use with RSIR, CSIR, PSC, and CSR Compressors. It can be used to repair residential and commercial refrigerators and freezers. It is a 3 – in -1 DIY friendly device that comprises an overload, capacitor, and relay device. It will replace all three components of a capillary system and avoid damage to the compressor.
5. CPS 5-2-1 CSRU1 Compressor Saver
- Immediate and optimum results are observed
- Best for the long life of your compressor and other electrical components
- The damaging in-rush current during start-up is reduced by up to 50%
- CPS products are The Workingman’s Choice since 1989
- Draws less power and saves you money
The CPS CSRU1 Compressor Saver is the best 5-2-1 hard start kit at a very reasonable price. It costs a fraction of the amount for replacing a compressor damaged due to a hard start. This hard start kit uses a powerful multilayer starting capacitor and a smart switch that gives the compressor a boost and reduces the start time. It is reliable for your electrical components and also saves you money. It is advised to be installed by a licensed technician only.
A Hard Start Kit or Compressor Saver is necessary for your HVAC equipment to reduce the stress during the start-up time. It is also beneficial in the long run for the health and performance of your systems. Be sure to pick the right hard start kit for your usage and save on huge replacing and repairing costs for your equipment.