It’s not just the human race that’s smart. Pretty much everything has stepped up to match the smartness. Whether it’s your light bulb or the digital lock, there are hardly any devices that you can’t control or operate through an app. The AC is one of them.
Smart Plug For 220v Air Conditioner
While there are a few smart ACs doing the rounds, the market has not yet evolved to make technologically-driven ACs the norm. Also, if you already have a traditional AC that works well, why would you shell out hundreds of dollars for a new one? Shouldn’t there be an easier upgrade? There is!
All you need is a smart plug that can withstand 220v and you are good to go.
How To Make Your AC Smart
Smart plugs are the new rage, from what we are seeing. They don’t cost a lot and can instantly upgrade any appliance at home. So, if you can get your hands on a smart plug that has the capacity to take 200 to 240 Volts, you are good to go.
While some plugs may require a separate hub, there are options that are plug-and-play. These are obviously more convenient and that is why we shall focus only on them.
Smart Plug For 220v Air Conditioner – Editor’s Choice
Based on different reviews, features, and online popularity, our experts have chosen the top 5 smart plugs for 220v air conditioners that you can purchase. For a closer look, read on.
1. Govee Smart Plug – 4 Pack
The Govee Smart Plug is incredibly smart, according to us! It works with Alexa and Google Home without the need for any hub. Some of its main features are as follows:
- The smart plug is made of plastic and supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.
- You can use the plug to control the AC or any other appliances with voice command.
- It allows you to schedule operations so that you save power as the AC will turn on and off automatically.
- The plug is FCC and ETL certified.
- It has a compact design, allowing you to save space. It also looks quite aesthetic.
- It is rated as follows: 100-240V, 1100W, and 10A.
- Installation will not take more than a few minutes because you only need to download the official app and pair the outlet.
2. Smart Plug From TECKIN HOME
All you need is a 2.4 GHz network to use this smart plug. It doesn’t even matter whether you are at home! It works with SmartThings, Google Assistant, and Amazon Echo, and offers the following features:
- It does not require a hub for pairing or operation. You just need to download its official app on your smartphone.
- It has a time function and can be controlled remotely.
- It follows voice command as well.
- The smart plug has FCC and ETL certifications.
- It is extremely easy to use and has a capacity of 1200W.
- This set of 2 smart plugs is compatible with Android 4.1 and iOS 7.0 and higher.
3. Svipear Smart Plug – Magic Hue Store
This is another excellent Wi-Fi socket suitable for Google Home and Alexa. It also has 2 USB ports to allow you to charge your phone or connect other devices. A few more highlights are as follows:
- The Svipear Smart Plug allows you to remote control your appliances seamlessly.
- It is rated as follows: 10A and 100 to 240V. In other words, it is safe for 220V applications, including the AC.
- It comes with a plug-in mount that requires no hub.
- The plug needs a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection and the app to start working for you.
- It is suitable for every household, especially those family members who have difficulty moving frequently.
- It also has a switch button and is quite multi-functional.
- The 2-pack plug has a work temperature of -20 to 45 degrees C.
4. Alexa Smart Plugs – Aoycocr Mini Bluetooth Wi-Fi Smart Socket
Here’s a set of 4 excellent smart plugs to automate your home. These plugs work on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, both, giving you immense opportunity to make your life convenient. Here are more details:
- This plug-in mount smart plug is made of copper and can be controlled through Alexa, Google, and IFTTT.
- It helps you establish connections quickly using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- It responds to voice commands as well as commands on the app.
- You can also use the button on the plug to switch it on and off.
- Once you pair the device, you can share it with your family members so that everyone is able to access the AC through the plug.
- It has ROHS, FCC, and ETL certifications.
5. IBRIGHT Smart Plug – 15 AMP
The current rating of IBRIGHT Smart plugs is 15A and 240V. They are made of copper and have a plug-in function. Their features are as follows:
- It is compatible with IFTTT, Alexa, and Google Assistant. This means that simply by using voice commands, you can control your AC.
- It allows you to create a customized schedule based on your lifestyle so that you don’t have to manually switch the AC on or off.
- The smart plug also lets you set a timer.
- It has group control and device sharing options.
- It has FCC and ETL certifications.
- It monitors energy usage.
All of the recommended smart plugs are easy to use and highly reliable. Depending on the cost and requirement, you can pick any of them. We are positive that you won’t be disappointed. All the best!